Visiting Bluffside Farm
The public is welcome to explore this 129-acre farm in Newport located on the shores of beautiful Lake Memphemagog. Please review access guidelines, respect signs, and wear blaze orange during hunting season!
How to get to Bluffside Farm
From the south: Traveling north on Interstate 91, take Exit 27 toward Newport. Merge onto Route 191 North. After 2.2 miles turn right onto Route 5 North. Shortly after, stay straight onto Union Street (Route 5 will turn right). In a little less than a half-mile mile turn left onto Bluff Road. Follow Bluff road for a little under 1 mile. Go left on Scott Farm Road. The parking lot will be on the right.
From the north: Traveling south on Interstate 91, take Exit 28 for Route 5 South/105 West toward Newport. After a mile turn right on Shattuck Hill Road.After 1.2 miles turn left on Darling Hill Road. In just under half a mile, turn right onto Prouty Drive. After about a mile, bear right on Prouty Drive. After 7/10 of a mile bear to the right onto Bluff Road. After a third of a mile take a left onto Scott Farm Road. The parking lot will be on the right.
Where to park
There is limited parking available near the entrance to Scott Farm Road, in front of the sugarhouse. Please do not park in the farmstead area or on the fields.
Recreation Rules & Guidelines
- Please read and respect any signs you see directing uses or activities on the property. Travel is at your own risk.
- There is limited parking available near the entrance to Scott Farm Road, in front of the sugarhouse. Please do not park in the farmstead area or on the fields.
- Because the parts of the land are actively farmed, we ask that you stay off the hayfields, stay clear of farm equipment and fences, and do not enter any buildings.
- Trail and boardwalk construction is in progress. For your safety and for the integrity of the boardwalk, please steer clear of all construction areas.
- Public recreation is pedestrian only. Motorized vehicles, horses, and bicycles are not permitted.
- Daytime use only. There is no access between sunset and sunrise.
- Dogs must be leashed at all times; please clean up after your pet.
- Please carry in and carry out all trash.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
Please note: Bald eagles may be present and nesting between February and July. Please respect the signage on the ground to minimize disturbance during the nesting season
Trail map – Winter version (with ski trails)
Ski trails are hosted on the farm in partnership with the Memphremagog Ski Touring Foundation.
Photos taken by Caleb Kenna and VLT staff members.