Ensuring a warm, welcoming space on social media
The Vermont Land Trust uses social media to help people better connect to the land and stay informed about our work.
We ask that all users of our social media channels keep comments clean, respectful, and on-topic. In addition, we ask that you follow our posting and commenting guidelines.
We ask that people do not:
- Engage in personal attacks.
- Use abusive, hateful, offensive, obscene, sexist, or racist language.
- Post identical or repetitive comments to multiple articles.
- Link to inappropriate or unrelated content.
- Post blatantly promotional content, spam or links to spam.
- Post something that promotes/opposes any person campaigning for office.
- Post personal information, such as addresses, phone numbers, emails, etc.
- Post fraudulent information or encourage illegal activity.
We reserve the right to remove messages that do not abide by the guidelines. Likewise, we reserve the right to block posters who violate these guidelines.
All comments left on the Vermont Land Trust Facebook page are the responsibility of the commenter. By submitting a comment on our pages you agree that the comment content is your own, and to hold this site, the Vermont Land Trust, harmless from any and all repercussions, damages, or liability.
If you have any questions of concerns about this policy please contact us.